Friday, March 1, 2013

I'll Miss You, Man(ually)!


"...these organisms often dispense with traits that are made unnecessary through parasitism on a host."
- Scientific American

After struggling for two days to decipher my handwritten notes and transcribe them into Word, I can draw no other conclusion than that the above from Scientific American describes me. I have always had terrible handwriting, no patience for it. But now my hands - the same hands that fly effortlessly over a keyboard - are too stiff to write with a pencil. Selective adaptation. I have become parasitic to my "host" laptop.

Oh, what would my grammar school nuns say? I'm so sorry, Sister Gracette. It's not your fault. You did everything you could. 

Have a great day, everyone!  :)  Thank you for coming by.  I am reading Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children (loving it) and working on my next novel.  Hoping to meet with some publishing people next week.  Things are going well.  It means so much to me having you along for the ride!  Take care!

~MM

PS  I am sorry for the gigantic photo of myself that I am forced to include at the end of each post.  I am not an egomaniac, I swear.  If I don't include it - and at this size - blogger uses a photo of Abby Wambach from an earlier post as the cover photo of my blog when it appears in searches or links.  Odd, odd.



1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean MM. I have dispensed with handwriting altogether, but there were no nuns at my school. I therefor feel no guilt :)

    All my notes from recent writers' conference were all done on a computer, and I am all the happier for it. I don't have to decipher a single word!

    ReplyDelete