Saturday, May 12, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!


I think Erma knows my mother.


Thanks to my mother, not a single cardboard box has found its way back into society.  We receive gifts in boxes from stores that went out of business twenty years ago.
- Erma Bombeck 

I think she knows me too.

When your mother asks, "Do you want a piece of advice?" it is a mere formality. It doesn't matter if you answer yes or no. You're going to get it anyway.


I will always be grateful for this one.  The ever-eloquent Erma again.

It is not until you become a mother that your judgment slowly turns to compassion and understanding. 


And then, there's what our (fore)fathers say,

My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute all my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her.
- George Washington

All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
-Abraham Lincoln

Happy Mother's Day!  Especially to mine.

-M.M. Finck








No comments:

Post a Comment